addiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together....

4 posters

Go down

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together.... Empty Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together....

Post  jaho Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:05 am

Recently some officers in this guild having been really flaming others out of pure boredom I guess and that's really not tolerable in a guild environment. It's causing divisions of who's the cool kids on during different times that get invites to things as well as a separation of who's guild minded and who's more pug minded. Well, the worst is starting to happen, people are steadily leaving the guild now for very similar reasons surrounding these issues as well as not more guild events like roics, raids, etc... If we don't really want to have a meeting about it fine but if changes aren't made the guild is dying!!! Those that really don't agree aren't really seeing the whole picture then in my opinion. I'm personally really disappointed in some of the officer's behavior as being way too arrogant because of their gaming knowledge pertaining to wow and the tolerance of this behavior. When I came here to this server all of the officers were getting along well and things were slowly but steadily moving forward. Now that I've been an 80 with my main for a while it's steadily worked against us and we've been moving backwards in officer relations. If some believe I have something to do with this please let me know but my position still stands on officer divisions. THIS IS A DAMNED GAME PEOPLE, IT MATTERS NOT IN REAL LIFE WHO THE F--K THINKS THEY ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS BECAUSE THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS GAME!!!! LOL, GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS AND WE WILL BE FINE AGAIN AS A GUILD....
jaho
jaho

http://www.myspace.com/joe_parks

Back to top Go down

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together.... Empty Agree'd 10 fold

Post  Barricade Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:59 am

I know that from the officers i'm one of the newer ones, but i too have noticed what jaho is saying... So what if somebody is new to the game.. shouldn't we be more supportive.. and be An addition to their fun rather than a hinderance.. Anybody that does have great knowledge about the game, thats great, but just because you have like 10 lvl 80's and know every nook and cranny in the game, doesn't mean ur more important than any of the lower levels or newer ppl to the game. and honestly.. i don't know why you would treat them that way anyway, the guild members we have are such great ppl! how many times do Lower ranks/New Player/Low Levels start anything in guild chat, or in general... they just want information.. we have an AMAZING guild.. i've been in others where lower ranked players would get sassy and talk back to officers and disrespect them.. we aren't that type of guild, but don't turn and make it go the other way.. IDC what rank is in our guild... we are a guild.. a family.. we are equal

As far as Events go, i can't participate in most of the stuff cuz i'm yet to get barri to level 80, but once i do i'll be putting my word in their and trying to schedule stuff... i just wanna be a part of making this better, i want us to be a happy guild.

I guess in the end.. what you have to ask yourself.. is what makes you wanna be an officer... if it's just to have power over ppl.. maybe it's time to step back.. I wanted to become an officer so i could help make a difference, and be a big part of the best guild i've ever been in... I make my stand here.. next time an officer (or anybody) starts talking down to somebody, i will call you out, and if i lose my position then so be it.. Just think about it guys..

^^ i feel strongly about this too if you can't tell, the more support the better Very Happy
ty jaho
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together.... Empty Thank You Barricade, I Hope Other Reply To This...

Post  jaho Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:12 am

Thank you very much Barricade, I do hope enough realize that this is the root of the problems in this guild at the moment. Of course there are going to be a lot that have no idea what I'm talking about here and a few that will deny it both outright and by smokescreens via more insulting etc of others as well as their opinions but at this point anything of that nature will stand out and be way destructive to an already bad situation. However there is another way of course as you well know and that is putting the past where these problems concern us aside and working together to build the guild back to where it should be, that is, as a growing and very cool guild working together. Smile
jaho
jaho

Back to top Go down

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together.... Empty Re: Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together....

Post  somepally Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:30 pm

This is some really deep stuff. Every sentence I read from both of you guyz, I agree. I have been insulted a ton during my time in Addiction, I did leave a lot when that happen before, but as I became an officer I kinda stopped running. There has been a lot of people leaving and it sucks. Only thing I can say is the only way to stop it is, to drop all the baby mama drama and start acting like mature people. I have been insulted not too long ago but I let it go, and just tried to still be respectful as much as I can. Joey and I have been trying to organize some heroics every now and then, with a help of Spenny at certain times. IF we can get guild heroics active again I hope we can start going into guild raids with pugs here and there. Only thing is to help the low levels, when they need help on quests, dungeons, being ganked, questions, etc. which would give them an incentive towards our guild, then they won't leave us. For the higher ranks, like officers to just act mature and drop all the drama. This isn't high school, so there's no need to be insulting each other or backstabbing each other. That is all I'm gonna say and hope we can get this guild active like before and become successful.
kthxbai geek albino cheers
somepally
somepally

Back to top Go down

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together.... Empty Well Said...

Post  jaho Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 pm

That's exactly what I'm getting at Somepally Smile Couldn't be more accurate in your assessment of things. You have been around a long time and have helped every one of us, that is even that came over from truwow as well, at one time or another so the ingratitude as well as flaming and arrogance has way effected you as well so as a big whole it needs to stop...The other couple of options are more negative than the perpetrators stopping their stupid behavior and that's them leaving or being kicked as well as this continuing as is in which case we're dying as a guild!!!!
jaho
jaho

Back to top Go down

Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together.... Empty Re: Officer Divisions Instead of Working Together....

Post  vamp Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 am

u know what guys what ur saying is all fine and good. but the problem is that all it is is talk. every time someone tries to fix the problems the guild has everyone starts all this talk of "yea that's wrong we need to do something about it" and "o u can count on me to help" and what ends up happening in the end is one trying their hardest to hold the guild together all alone and all those ppl who did the most talking are sitting on their asses doing nothing. like the one's that say "i'll help as much as i can to get our new 80s geared i'll do heroics whenever u need me" are the ones that are the worst about staying in a bg or refusing to log off an alt and help when someone is trying to start heroics. and the ones who promise to help the lowbies are the ones to busy to even type an answer to a question. so it's time for everyone to step up to the plate and do something because it shouldn't be one person's responsibility to do everything EVERY SINGLE OFFICER needs to help.

as far as the drama goes i think everyone has contributed to it at some point or another. and again it's going to take everyone to stop it from happening. whats been done or said can't be undone so if everyone can put anything that's happened in the past behind them and everyone start over fresh and agree to end it maybe it'll work. but once again it'll take an effort from everyone

vamp
Admin

https://addiction.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum