addiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D

3 posters

Go down

No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D Empty No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D

Post  Orcazms Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:27 am

Hey. I've found a couple useful macros on the net and made a couple of my own. I'll be uploading them later today. Feel free to add your useful macros too. Very Happy

When you add your macro, specify the "code", the function (what it does) and if it's class specific.

Here are some of mine:
=================

Resurrect target and tell everyone who: (Shaman resurrection spell)

/cast Ancestral Spirit
Resurrecting %t

===================================================

Hearthstone: (Shaman with Kirin Tor ring)

#showtooltip Astral Recall
/cast [button:1] Astral Recall
/cast [button:2] Hearthstone
/cast [button:3] Runed Signet of the Kirin Tor

Mount-up Anywhere: (Shaman with Ghost Wolf)

#showtooltip Ghost Wolf
/cast [flyable, outdoors, nocombat, nobutton:2] Red Drake
/cast [noflyable, outdoors, nocombat, nobutton:2] Ice Mammoth
/stopmacro [outdoors, nocombat, nobutton:2]
/cast [button:2] Ghost Wolf

Last edited by Orcazms on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited on 15 June to add macros)
Orcazms
Orcazms

Back to top Go down

No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D Empty Re: No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D

Post  Orcazms Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:04 am

Purge target, or if target is friendly, then purge target's target:

#showtooltip Purge
/cast [harm, nodead] [target=targettarget,harm,nodead] Purge

*I will try adapt the above macro to work in a similar way for removing poisons and curses

===================================================================

Show Reincarnation CD on ActionBar: (Shaman duh Razz)

#showtooltip Reincarnation

Play Bloodlust soundclip: (just for fun Razz)

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\bloodlust_player_cast_head.wav")
/y ROAR! %t is SO strong! <3

Equip different Shields: (Shaman)

#showtooltip Lightning Shield
/cast [nobutton:2] Lightning Shield; [button:2] Water Shield;

Blow all CDs except BL: (Orc Resto Shaman)
#showtooltip Tidal Force
/cast Tidal Force
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Blood Fury
/use 13
/use 14

* /use 13 & 14 is for your trinkets

Enchant shammy weapons: (Shaman)

#showtooltip Flametongue Weapon
/stopcasting
/cast [button:1] Flametongue Weapon
/use 16
/cast [button:2] Earthliving Weapon
/use 16

* change one of the /use 16 to /use 17 to enchant on 2nd hand weapon (for enhancement shammies)

Higher grade interrupting (Shaman)

#showtooltip Wind Shear
/stopcasting
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
/cast [target=focus,harm,exists] Wind Shear

* To be honest, I can't really remember what makes this so useful, but it works so I use it Smile

Own the Water with one button: (Shaman)

#showtooltip Water Walking
/cast [nobutton:2]Water Walking
/cast [button:2] Water Breathing

Orcazms
Orcazms

Back to top Go down

No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D Empty Re: No space on your ActionBars? Make a macro! :D

Post  Stormwinds Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 am

Hey guys im replying to a very useful thread opened by Orc (great initiative Smile ). Il be providing and explaining one of the most useful macro setup for arenas, mostly 2v2 but they should come in handy in a few other situations as well. its called the focus macro, which basically keeps a secondary target in your frame. Its useful for casting your basic spells on the secondary target without losing your primary target, saving a lot of button clicking. Be advised these macros or the ideas were not created by me. theyr a collection of stuff iv seen over different websites.

First thing to do is to set the focus on a target. this is simple right click the target frame and select focus. you can also create a simple macro for it

/focus

select the person you want to focus and click the macro and viola. in 2v2, its usually preferred to keep focus on the person you will NOT attack, meaning the one you will continue your cc spamming. so its common sense to attach the cc spells to your focus macros. Now its very easy to make and manipulate a focus macro it generally follows the same pattern. Heres and example:

/cast [target=focus] Gouge

just write the name of the spell which you want to cast on the focus by replacing gouge. you can also cast a number of spells together like my cold blood + envenom combo:

/Cast Cold Blood
/Cast Envenom

Be warned this macro wont work for everything because of the Global Cooldown (GCD) that happens when you cast a spell. since Cold Blood doesnt have a GCD its possible to cast these two (or any other ability like Eviscerate, Mutilate, etc) one after the other making sure you get them both off in one button press. I dont know how many spells can be combined like this because i hardly know much about any other class except my rogue so you might want to check them out.

one more thing you can do is add text to these macros letting people know youv cast them. its sometimes important when using a cc like Blind to make sure people dont attack them accidentally and remove the cc. something like this should do it:

/cast [target=focus] Blind
/p >>%f<< blinded KEEP AWAY

the %f indicates that the name of the focus target will be displayed between the >> << so that people are sure to notice it. you can also add %t instead in which case the name of your primary target will be placed, and can be used to replace your regular blind to a blind that has text! how about that!

rogues can also keep a focus macro for Tricks of the Trade for pve by keeping focus on the main tank. this has saved me a lot of time and from many fails in ony where i went nuts trying to find the right person to TotT. its the same as the rest of the focus macros and goes something like this:

/cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade
/raid >>%f<< has been tricked

these are the general focus macros that i use and alter them to what ever spell i need fixing. i use it for stuff like sap, dismantle, kick, gouge, etc to interrupt those accursed healers or to make a spinning warrior drop his weapon when im attacking his healer :@

now il move on to some general rogue macros that iv picked up across the net. these are completely random but sometimes helpful.

#showtooltip
/use [button:1] Wound Poison VII; Deadly Poison IX
/use [button:1] 16; 17
/click StaticPopup1Button1

this one is my favorite. it instantly adds poisons to your mainhand and offhand weapon and also overrides any poison you might have had on without you having to click the Yes/No buttons asking you if you want to replace them. replace the names of the poisons you want on your main hand; off hand accordingly. left click to apply the said poison on your main hand and right click to apply on your offhand.

one last thing i want to add for pvp is when one rogue is facing off another stealther and when the first sap is the crucial decider of the match up. this macro will help get it off on your opponent even before you know hes around you

#showtooltip Sap
/console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console targetNearestDistance 14.000000
/cast [harm,nodead] Sap

spam this macro whenever your facing off another stealth. what this does is it casts sap whenever an opponent is near you ensuring you get it off on the second you get a hint of a nearby stealth.

this will be all for now. iv got another useful macro down on my shaman but il add that in a while because it needs some screenshots (for those who need some extra explanaition Wink )

Hails.
Stormwinds
Stormwinds

Back to top Go down

Post  FrozenCore#6 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Not a pro with macros and i don't use em alot but here's a nice thing for feral druid cat form

u don't want to spam ur main action bar with stealth abilities so use the second instead , no need to switch with arrows or shift + 1 just do the following Smile

1- make a macro with logo of Prowl
2- /cast prowl
3- /changeactionbar 2

then it auto switches to ur stealth action bar , next thing u wanna do is replace ur stealth abilities with macros that send u back to actionbar 1 , such as "shred" ability

1- /cast Shred
2- /changeactionbar 1

built up ur own macros and UI based on this Razz can be used in alot of other stuff but Im only familiar with dk so can't suggest anything more xD

have fun
FrozenCore#6
FrozenCore#6

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000296982962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum